About the Conference Subsidy
Conference subsidies fund individuals presenting work at conferences or conference-like events of a scholarly nature, or fund the hosting of the same kinds of events at Concordia. It is for funding expenses directly related to the conference itself.
In order to qualify for a conference subsidy an applicant must:
- be an individual registered in a graduate program at Concordia, or
- be a registered GSA departmental association
What Is Covered?
- conference fees
What About Other Expenses?
The conference subsidy is for conference expenses only. If you incur special expenses due to the nature of your project you may apply for funding through the Special Projects Fund. Departmental associations use funds from their Departmental Allocation.
What Documentation Is Required?
An individual must submit:
- a letter of acceptance or invitation
- proof of presentation (e.g., a letter attesting from an organizer)
All applicants must submit:
- a complete budget, including all potential sources of funding
- receipts for the expenses the conference subsidy covers
To apply for funding, please fill in the online form, or visit us at 2030 Mackay, 2nd floor.