The GSA’s annual election is finally here! As a graduate student at Concordia, it is high time you take a decision today for your tomorrow and be the driving force behind the association that matters the most, The GSA!
The nomination period is officially open for the annual GSA elections!
The deadline for nominations is September 21st, 2020 – 14:00 hrs EST
Below is a list of all positions available along with all details pertaining to the upcoming election.
To see full descriptions of each position, click here.
The Executive Team
- Vice-President Internal
- Vice-President External
- Vice-President Mobilization
- Vice-President Academic/Advocacy
The Council of Directors
- ENCS Director (11 Positions Available)
- Arts & Science Director (7 Positions Available)
- JMSB Director (3 Positions Available)
- Fine Arts Director (2 Positions Available)
- Interdisciplinary/Individualized Program Director
- Senator (3 Positions Available)
Board of Governors
Graduate students eligible for voting can vote for the nominated candidates by online voting through ‘MyConcordia’ portal on the polling day(s).
What do I do?
- Print out the appropriate nomination form and authorization form available on this drive.
- Fill it out carefully and get the required number of signatures.
- Nominations for each Director candidature shall be signed by a minimum of ten (10) G.S.A. members in good standing from their faculty and Nominations for each Executive position shall be signed by a minimum of fifteen (15) G.S.A. members in good standing from which there shall be at least one (1) G.S.A. member from each faculty.
- Nominations for Senator or Governor can be given by filling out the form.
- Complete the forms (Nomination form and Authorization form) and submit it to the Chief Returning Officer’s mail ID email@example.com with the subject as “Nomination_Last Name“
- Run your campaign from September 24th, 2020 (00:00 EST) to September 30th, 2020 (17:00 EST).
- Get graduate students to vote online for you during the polling days on October 1 and October 2.
- Make sure to send in your campaign materials for approval by the CRO before using them. You can send them via email for approval to the CRO.
NOTE: Late or incomplete nominations will not be accepted.
No changes to the slate will be permitted during campaigning.
Deadline September 21st, 2020 – 14:00 hrs EST
Nomination Withdrawal Deadline
September 21st, 2020 – 21:00 hrs EST
Acceptance & Evaluation Period, Final Nomination list announced
September 23rd, 2020 – 18:00 hrs EST
September 24th, 2020 (00:00 EST) to September 30th, 2020 (17:00 EST)
October 1st and 2nd, 2020
CRO OFFICE WORKING HOURS
Due to COVID-19 there are no specific office hours. We work on all days including weekends.
Questions ? reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org