GSA By-Elections 2022
Due to some recent resignations, we’re holding a by-election to fill vacant council seats! Once again, this election will be held virtually in order to ensure accessibility and safety to all of our members!
Below you’ll find the information you need to learn how to run for office! This includes the schedule for the election, list of positions, and all relevant documentation.
Nomination Period: November 14th to 18th
Acceptance & Evaluation Period: November 19th & 20th
Final List of Candidates Announced: November 21st
Campaigning Period: November 21st to 25th
Voting Days: November 28th & 29th
How to Run for the Elections
- Download the Nomination & Authorization Form below;
- Fill out the forms carefully & get minimum 10 signatures from GSA members;
Email the completed form to email@example.com with the subject line “Nomination_Last Name”;
- Send in your campaign materials and platform for approval by the CRO before campaigning begins;
Run your campaign from November 21st to 25th online and on campus;
Get graduate students to vote online for you on November 28th & 29th!
- Arts & Science Director (1 positions available)
- Fine Arts Director (1 position available)
- INDI Director (2 positions available)
To learn more the responsibilities of the Council, click here.
Running for GSA Office or Council is a great volunteering opportunity for graduate students at Concordia University. Not only do executives and council member work to improve student-life and wellbeing, but this professional development opportunity can be added to your Co-Curricular Record (CCR).
Please note that GSA Executives and Council Members are not considered employees of the GSA, but rather members of our governing system.