The GSA regularly offers a number of opportunities both within and outside of our organization. These can include paid positions as well as volunteering positions and scholarships. This page is dedicated to sharing these opportunities and relevant details with any interested members of our community.
Be sure to follow our socials to be the first to know about any future employment/volunteering/scholarship opportunities!
GSA Finance Manager
We’re thrilled to announce that the GSA is officially looking to hire a new Finance Manager! For a full list of responsibilities of the GSA Finance Manager, click here.
- Applicant with accounting, finance background will be preferred;
- Students studying CA,CPA will also be considered;
- Solid knowledge of QuickBooks Online is preferred. Familiarity with other online accounting systems is an asset;
- Excellent team playing ability is needed.
- Strong knowledge of taxation, audit and trial balance is an asset. Familiarity with Revenue Quebec and CRA is advantageous;
- Working knowledge of budgeting and financial planning, bank reconciliation and operations is desirable;
- Strong knowledge of community organizations, not-for-profit and student associations is highly desirable;
- Understanding of NPO laws, Unions and board governance is an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, time management and prioritizing ability is desired;
- Must have strong work ethic and high sense of responsibility.
The requirements are not limited to those above but are important for consideration.
- Combine your cover letter, CV and unofficial transcript into a single PDF file;
- Name your document by Name and Last name;
- Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Finance Manager – Application”
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: JANUARY 17th, 2021
Scholarship opportunities for students from Southeast Asia
Global Affairs Canada is offering short-term scholarships to students from member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) for study or research opportunities with Canadian post-secondary academic institutions.
The Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED), announced by the Government of Canada in August 2017, will provide approximately 125 scholarships in 2021-2022 for study or research in fields that are aligned with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Canadian post-secondary academic institutions can now submit scholarship applications on behalf of students from eligible countries by March 4, 2021. Only applications submitted directly by Canadian post-secondary academic institutions will be considered.
Interested candidates are invited to contact their home institution’s international office to learn about institutional partnerships and collaborations with Canadian institutions. Home institutions in ASEAN member states will then provide the eligible candidates’ documentation to the Canadian institutions.
For full program and application details, visit Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED) – for students.
C.L.A.M. (Carrefour de Liason et d’Aide Multiethnique) Volunteer
Who are they & What do they do?
C.L.A.M. is an organization whose main mission is to develop projects and activities that promote the settlement and socio-economic integration of immigrant persons.
The organization provides assistance and support in administrative processes such as applying for permanent residence, work permits, sponsorships or citizenship. It also accompanies immigrants in their first steps of settlement (health insurance, social insurance, driver’s license, search for housing…), application for social assistance, employment insurance, travel authorization, application for loans and grants and family allowances, translation of documents in English and Spanish (e.g. birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce certificate, criminal history, etc.).
How Can I Help?
C.L.A.M. is looking for volunteers who want to give back to their communities by helping newcomers to the city settle in. Volunteers will be able to participate in a variety of activities such as leading conversation classes (English/French) or simply lending a helping hand to newcomers.
What’s in it for me?
C.L.A.M. is also open to the possibilities of job shadowing, mentoring, and even academic & social coaching between volunteers and refugees. Working with this organization is not only a way to give back to your community, but also provides good opportunities for professional development.
Want more information? Visit C.L.A.M.’s website by clicking here.
E.E.R.I.C. (Earthquake Engineering Research Institute Concordia) Board Member
Who are they & What do they do?
EERIC is an academic non-profit organization affiliated to EERI (Earthquake Engineering Research Institute), the principal national society in the states. EERIC aims to promote the technical knowledge of earthquake engineering principles to Concordia University Engineering students within a dynamic and interactive environment.
What Positions are Available?
For the new academic year of 2020/2021, they are looking to form a new team that can take over the responsibilities and manage the work required to run the association. Taking into consideration the following qualifications:
- Energetic and flexible
- Selfless, reliable and committed
- Good team player and ready to perform any required task
- Previous experience in volunteering positions is an asset
The available positions are listed as follow:
- The President;
- The Vice-President;
- The General Secretary;
- The Treasurer;
- The Public Affairs Director;
- The Internal Affairs Director;
- The Undergrad Affairs Director;
- The Outreach Affairs Director;
- The Event Manager;
- The Fundraising Director;
- Volunteer Coordinator.
What’s in it for me?
Students participating will get an excellent opportunity to develop their communication and leadership skills. Also they will be recognized by the Concordia Co-Curricular Record (CCR) signed by the office of the Dean of Students.
To apply to any of the positions listed above, click here.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: JANUARY 28th, 2021