StudentCare Insurance (For Domestic Students)
To help Concordia University graduate students pay for the health services they need, the GSA has partnered with StudentCare in order to provide students with extended health and dental coverage.
The plan is designed specifically to fill the gaps in provincial health care (Quebec Medicare) and other basic health-care programs.
Among other benefits, the Plan covers:
– Over $10,000 for health ( Prescription drugs, Vaccinations, physiotherapist, Chiropractors, Ambulance, Psychology, etc.)
– Over $250 in vision care (eye exams, eyeglasses and contact lenses, laser eye surgery)
– Up to $500 in dental care (checkups, cleanings, fillings, extractions, root canals)
– Travel health coverage (up to $5,000,000 per lifetime, 120 days per trip), trip cancellation and trip interruption in the event of a medical emergency.
Visit www.studentcare.ca for complete details.
All graduate students who are paying tuition fees at Canadian or Quebec rates and GSA association fees, and who have an active registration with Concordia in the Fall or Winter semester, are automatically covered by the GSA Health & Dental Plan. This includes CIPs.
Certain exceptions exist. Please check your student account to confirm if you have been charged the Plan fees.
All international students are eligible to enrol themselves in the Dental Plan. International students covered by provincial medicare may be eligible to enrol in the Health Plan as well.
How Much Does It Cost?
The Plan fee for full-year coverage (Sept. 1, 2022- Aug. 31, 2023) is $473.92. The breakdown is $302.44 for health coverage and $171.48 for dental coverage.
The cost of the Plan is part of your student fees and is paid for through Concordia’s tuition payment portal.
How Can I Save More?
You can further enhance your benefits by visiting health professionals who are members of the Dental, Vision, Chiropractic, Physiotherapy, and Psychology Networks. You are covered for the insured portion regardless of the health professional you choose. By consulting a Network member, you will get additional coverage. For example, by visiting a Dental Network member, you will receive an additional 20%-30% off dental services. Visit www.studentcare.ca for more information.
Can I Change My Coverage?
If you are covered by another extended health and/or dental plan (e.g. a parent’s or spouse’s employee plan), you can combine both plans to maximize your overall coverage and reduce or eliminate out-of-pocket costs.
Alternatively, you can opt out of the health portion, the dental portion, or the Plan in its entirety during the Change-of-Coverage and Opt-Out Period from September 7th-23rd, 2022 (for Fall semester students) or January 9th–24th, 2023 (for new Winter semester students only) and look for the Plan fee to be reversed from your student account.
If you are eligible, the Change-of-Coverage and Opt-Out Period is also when you can enrol yourself, your spouse, and/or your dependent children in the Plan.
Visit www.studentcare.ca for instructions.
With StudentCare, making a claim is simple! There are four ways to make a claim on our health & dental plan.
- Go to StudentCare’s website;
- Download a Claim Form;
- Fill out the Form;
- Mail to the address on the Form.
2. In App
- Download Desjardin’s Omni app (available on iOS & Android)
- Input your Group Number & Personal Information;
- Follow in-app instructions for filling claims.
- Go to Desjardin’s secure web portal (available through StudentCare’s website);
- Follow instructions provided.
4. Pay Direct Card
- Pick up a Pay-Direct Card at the GSA Office or in the Omni App;
- Present your Pay-Direct Card to pharmacists, dentists, and other eligible health professionals for immediate reimbursement.
BlueCross Insurance (For International Students)
International students are required to enroll in Concordia’s BlueCross Insurance Plan in order to get access to important emergency services and other essential health services.
See the full BlueCross Insurance policy for the year of 2021-2022, click here.